Friday, August 22, 2014

The Regretter

My son deserves More

No longer should he feel rejection
 that eats away at his 
                            Core.

But there is no protecting him 
From Disappointment  

Even if a mother's love is
                      Potent.

Love is not a potion, not a 
Cure-all that eases all Pain

Even if the lack of it can cause
His beautiful bright eyes to
                                   Rain.

All the happiness in my heart,
If it were possible, I'd give Him

But it won't erase the disappointment That has filled his heart to the
                                          Brim.

My little boy, my gorgeous child,
Has the most beautiful Soul

There is no burden I wouldn't carry,
To make his heart again 
                                    Whole.

Not because of Karma but,
Because my son is worth Better

The one who gives him less than 
He deserves, will forever be the
                                         Regretter 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. :)